Wednesday 23 March 2011

Five Mile Trek - just for fun!




                                                                                                                                                                         Where I live it is really pretty.  I mean not just pretty but beyond that.  It's the sort of place you would settle down in to if you want to slow the pace.  We are so fortunate to live here and every single day I count my blessings.
Today I took the children for a treck!  And they are now all sleeping very soundly in their beds, tired and happy.  I have to confess that my feet hurt a little and my thighs ache.  We walked almost five miles over rocky coastal paths. We wandered through marshy fields and explored several deserted coves.  I took loads of photographs, far too many to share on this page, it was hard to chose which ones to share. 
One of the beaches had a couple of old wrecked boats on it, they made an interesting resting spot for the children while they had some refreshments.

We collected many shells and sparkly stones.  

I love the boats in our village.


 

Walking out to the sea, it had to be done. You can see Sol getting her balance before she attempted to walk along the concrete slip. 


Tomorrow I am hoping to be working on making a table runner for my dining table.  I have some red and black patchwork pieces, all pre cut and ready to go.  That's the plan anyway, but anyone who has a few children knows only too well that those plans are subject to change at very short notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment