Wednesday 6 April 2011

RIP Dillan




R.I.P. DILLAN

Well, I hate to report this sad news but the children have been so upset I felt I have to share.

Our neighbours two dogs broke into one of our rabbit hutches and murdered one of our pet rabbits. Now you have to understand that these are no ordinary rabbits, they are real pets. The rabbits come in the house and are really tame. Since this happened the children have been terribly tearful, its traumatic for them to have their pet destroyed like this. I was surprised at the depth of the children's feelings as we have experience natural causes deaths before and they had been really accepting of that. I am only glad I was there as I caught the dogs when I did as they were starting on another hutch, it doesn't bear thinking about what would have happened if I was away from the house. The hutch they started on second had our pregnant lion head bunny in, a Dutch rabbit and two young girls, the devastation would have been awful. On a lighter note the lion head bunny is due her litter on the 14th April so we are looking forward to that. We have decided, (if its okay with the person who is taking the babies) we are going to keep one if there are any male offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment