Thursday 7 April 2011

The Wrong One

My eldest daughter had been asking me for ages to get her ears pierced.  I told her that if she wanted them done she would have to convince me that she really did and it wasn't just a passing phase.  When she was a bit younger she had them pierced and it was clearly too much for her.  She cried about them a lot, refused to clean them and so on, when we went on holiday one came out and she wouldn't let me near her to put it back in again, so the hole closed up.  Anyway, three years on here we are revisiting this.  After two weeks of begging me I took her to the shop to have them done.  Just as I thought Toni bowed out and didn't go through with it.   Meanwhile our youngest son had asked about getting his done 'just like big brother', this morning I suggested that he might ask dad, just to see how serious he was.  He asked dad and daddy agreed too so Seb got his left ear pierced.   Its funny now that the boys have their ears done and the girls don't, it almost felt like the wrong child was getting his ears done today.



No comments:

Post a Comment